Print Friendly and PDF

Parker 590 encoder

Dear All , 

I have connected drive 590 with encoder , 

when try to run the motor without  encoder FBK motor worked smooth and every thing is OK 

but when work inside encoder control motor sound not good 

when check speed error parameter found it reach to playing between 0.45 : 1.00 % 

I have no spare from encoder right now,

can I change parameter  SPD PROP GAIN or SPD INT TIME  to minimize error and working healthy 

SPD PROP GAIN now 16.00

SPD INT TIME  now 0.500 s

Parents
  • If you were willing to spend all day tuning the machine, you might be able to get the sound to go away.  But that would defeat the purpose of having an encoder because you would need to set your gains so low they would not hold speed accurately.  My recommendation would be to locate the damaged component and replace it.  That would be one of the following:

• The encoder.
    • The encoder cable.
    • The encoder card on the drive.

Technically, any one of these components could be damaged.  However, I think the encoder is the most likely component to have failed.  Encoders are often in harsh, vibrating environments.  In addition to electrical failures, they can have bearing failures and suffer contaminant ingress, which makes them read incorrect speeds.

The symptom you describe does not sound like a total encoder failure but a partial one, leading me to believe the encoder itself is the problem.  I would replace the encoder at the earliest possibility, even if you have to get one with a different resolution.  If you need to get one with a different voltage, the AH387775U001 encoder card can be calibrated for 5, 10, 15 or 24 VDC.

• If you were willing to spend all day tuning the machine, you might be able to get the sound to go away.  But that would defeat the purpose of having an encoder because you would need to set your gains so low they would not hold speed accurately.  My recommendation would be to locate the damaged component and replace it.  That would be one of the following:

• The encoder.
    • The encoder cable.
    • The encoder card on the drive.

Technically, any one of these components could be damaged.  However, I think the encoder is the most likely component to have failed.  Encoders are often in harsh, vibrating environments.  In addition to electrical failures, they can have bearing failures and suffer contaminant ingress, which makes them read incorrect speeds.

The symptom you describe does not sound like a total encoder failure but a partial one, leading me to believe the encoder itself is the problem.  I would replace the encoder at the earliest possibility, even if you have to get one with a different resolution.  If you need to get one with a different voltage, the AH387775U001 encoder card can be calibrated for 5, 10, 15 or 24 VDC.

Children