Print Friendly and PDF

CTC PA208t-133

When the unit boots up I see the following sequence:

c:\CTC>biostr

Load Hardware-Specific Functions          EX-82524-200

Display type not recognized!

Initialization Failure...exiting.

Then the unit continues to boot, communicates with the PLC properly and all visual functionality works as expected but the pointer for the touchscreen doesn't appear to be calibrated properly. I'm unable to touch any of my pushbuttons or get it to respond. I've tried to hook up a keyboard, exit to the shell and calibrate the touchscreen but that option is grayed out. Is there any way to resolve this Display Type problem?

Thanks.

Parents
  • Hi Robert.  Apologies for the delayed response.  By any chance, have you installed a Compact Flash card in this PA2 that was from an older unit, like a P21 or PS10?  That is usually the cause of this problem.

If you are installing this to replace an older unit, let us know and we can forward more detailed instructions.  If this is a PA2 that has been working on this machine for a while now and is just now having this problem, you probably have a failed unit.  An uncommon failure mode, but I suppose it could happen if the touchscreen IC failed.

In the meantime, you may be able to keep the machine up by plugging in a USB mouse.  Note that you will need to cycle power on the screen for it to find the mouse.  If you decide to do this, I recommend using the cheapest mouse you can find (like one that might come free with someone's PC).  The reason is because the PA2 can't handle a mouse with a high DPI (dots per inch) spec.  A low-cost mouse will usually have a low DPI spec.

• Hi Robert.  Apologies for the delayed response.  By any chance, have you installed a Compact Flash card in this PA2 that was from an older unit, like a P21 or PS10?  That is usually the cause of this problem.

If you are installing this to replace an older unit, let us know and we can forward more detailed instructions.  If this is a PA2 that has been working on this machine for a while now and is just now having this problem, you probably have a failed unit.  An uncommon failure mode, but I suppose it could happen if the touchscreen IC failed.

In the meantime, you may be able to keep the machine up by plugging in a USB mouse.  Note that you will need to cycle power on the screen for it to find the mouse.  If you decide to do this, I recommend using the cheapest mouse you can find (like one that might come free with someone's PC).  The reason is because the PA2 can't handle a mouse with a high DPI (dots per inch) spec.  A low-cost mouse will usually have a low DPI spec.

Children