Print Friendly and PDF

How to raise motor speed 590+. Speed loop and Pot control on ANIN 3

Greetings, here i have some motors that i need to equalize the speeds but the parameters all are the same. Some motors run a little faster then others.

I have tried to lower the field current, but no success, tried to raise by little the SPD PROP GAIN and the SPD INT GAIN but no success. Sorry for the bad english. Can I change any parameter on Setpoint Sum, after all the pot works 0 to 10V. Or raise the MAX and MIN DEMAND  to order the SETPOINT 1 on SPEED LOOP will say to drive that i need to raise the speed. 

Here we use ANALOG TACH for feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Vitor Mendonça

Parents
  • Hello Vitor.  If your motors are running at slightly different speeds, you might want to try trimming the tachometer calibration.  You can do this on the keypad by going to Setup Parameters > Calibration > Analog Tach Cal.  This parameter is also available in DSE Lite in the Calibration block (page 2 of any 590+ configuration file).

The Analog Tach Cal is a value between 0.98 and 1.10 that is multiplied by the incoming tachometer signal.  If your motor is running a bit too fast, try setting it lower than 1.  If your motor is too slow, try going higher than 1.  Remember that before doing this, you should verify your tach card's switches are properly configured:

Addendum to Product Manual HA466461U004 (parker.com)

If you want an additional way to trim the speed while the drives are running, you could hook up potentiometers to the A2 terminal on each drive.  This input is configured by default as a trim input.  I would advise using multiturn pots for finer control.

How different are the speeds on these motors?  It sounds like they are already pretty close.  Another solution would be to change out the tachometers and tach cards for encoders and encoder cards.  This of course is more cost and time, but you would never need to mess with trim values or calibration since encoders are digital.

• Hello Vitor.  If your motors are running at slightly different speeds, you might want to try trimming the tachometer calibration.  You can do this on the keypad by going to Setup Parameters > Calibration > Analog Tach Cal.  This parameter is also available in DSE Lite in the Calibration block (page 2 of any 590+ configuration file).

The Analog Tach Cal is a value between 0.98 and 1.10 that is multiplied by the incoming tachometer signal.  If your motor is running a bit too fast, try setting it lower than 1.  If your motor is too slow, try going higher than 1.  Remember that before doing this, you should verify your tach card's switches are properly configured:

Addendum to Product Manual HA466461U004 (parker.com)

If you want an additional way to trim the speed while the drives are running, you could hook up potentiometers to the A2 terminal on each drive.  This input is configured by default as a trim input.  I would advise using multiturn pots for finer control.

How different are the speeds on these motors?  It sounds like they are already pretty close.  Another solution would be to change out the tachometers and tach cards for encoders and encoder cards.  This of course is more cost and time, but you would never need to mess with trim values or calibration since encoders are digital.

Children