Hi-Flex Cables for SM, BE, NeoMetric and J Series Motors
|Description||Cable Diameter||Minimum Bend Radius||No. of Cycles||Part Number|
|SM16 / SM23 / BE16 / BE23 MS Motor Cable||0.524 (in.)||4.192 (in.)||8.92 Mil.||71-016023-xx1|
|N070 / N034 / J034 / J070 / BE34 MS Motor Cable||0.454||3.632||8.92 Mil||71-016529-xx|
|N092 / J092 MS Motor Cable||0.646||5.168||8.92 Mil.||71-016530-xx|
|SM / N070 / N034 / J070 / J034 / BE TQ Motor Cable2||0.441||3.528||10.46 Mil.||71-017677-xx|
|SM / N0 / J0 / BE MS Encoder Cable2||0.394||3.152||10.46 Mil.||71-016022-xx|
|SM / N0 / J0 / BE MS Resolver Cable||0.350||2.8||10.46 Mil.||71-016374-xx|
2The maximum length is 35 feet.
- Test Conditions
- travel distance = 18 feet
- acceleration = varied up to 26 feet/sec2
- temperature range during test = +10deg C to +22 deg C
- speed of travel = varied from 6.5 to 13 feet per second
- Ensure that there are no twists, bends, or kinks in the cable.
- Lay out the cable for two hours to dissipate any stress from storage, shipping.
- Allow spacing of at least 10% of cable diameter between cables.
- Use separators between cables.
- Do not weave cables amongst other cables.
- Cables must lay loosely and must be able to move freely within carrier.
- Distribute cable weight evenly, heavier cables placed toward the outside of the carrier.
- Do not clamp or tie-wrap cables to carrier itself.
- Cycle carrier several times before tightening cable clamps, external to carrier, to ensure freedom of movement.
- Finally, tighten external cable clamps on both ends to maintain proper cable position within carrier.