1. Open C3 ServoManager software
Open the Optimization and either double-click in the tree on Optimization - Normal Mode, or on the right single-click to open the Optimization tool.
2. The optimization is an online tool. On the top right, if you're offline, click ON. The error should appear in red:
3. There can be multiple errors at the same time. Upload the Compax3 Error History, using the computer icon to upload.
All active errors are listed until a QUIT.
Quit is an error acknowlegement. To try to clear the error in the optimization, in the bottom left, click on the QT icon.
Some errors cannot be cleared without cycling 24vdc control logic power (such as motor feedback faults).
4. In the above, the error is 8181 invalid velocity.
To see more information as to what causes this and remedy (and if the fault requires a power cycle), navigate to the online help:
Close optimization. In main screen, under menu, select ? > Help
This will launch the help file for the device you have selected.
5. This is a Microsoft help file format (.chm). Click on Search tab and search the word error
The first result will be Error. Click to view on the right.
6. Click in the body of the error list and then do a text find (Hold Control key and press F) and type the error number. This will jump further down to that hex number. The decimal number is also listed. Symptom, cause and potential remedies are listed: