There are similarities between a 590 and 590+ that make an upgrade to a 590+ to be generally straight forward. The original configuration file (depending on the original 590 drive) can be extracted and placed into a modern 590+ v8 product.
For configuration compatibility (if the original 590 was not a LINK drive) see this FAQ: 590+ with a 590 template compatibility
These are some differences between the two products that need to be considered:
- Only the frame 1 & 2 590+'s has an AC input contactor.
- Terminals 3 / 4 can be used to denote when the AC contactor has closed.
- The keypad is detachable on all 590+ drives.
- The 590+ frame 1 & 2 has been repackaged for a smaller footprint.
- The frame 1 590+ has no external field connections for field weakening.
- The thermistor input is isolated on all 590+'s.
- 3-phase and auxiliary voltage connections are located at the bottom of the 590+.
- Digital output capacity has been increased to 100ma.
- Dynamic Brake Contactor, Control transformer are options on the 590+.Note: On frame 1 & 2 the isolated thermistor input is located on the fuse board. On frame 3 and bigger the thermistor input is on the control door.
- The 590+ does not support the microtach feedback.
- If using the old 590 P1 serial comms option, some additional reprogramming is required. You would have to be move to a "6055 techbox" on the 590+ that is not compatible with the old P1 port comms.
Additional differences depending on the original 590 you have:
- If the original 590 was a LINK drive the differences extend to the communication protocol. If upgrading from a 590 LINK drive, a full reprogramming of the configuration is required and a modern protocol selected in this case. This includes, but not limited to, the 590L.
- If your original 590 was a 590SPD, you will need to find a 3ph power supply if upgrading to a 590+. We do not offer single phase input power options on the 590+.
If migrating from a 590 to a 590+ consult the sidebar FAQs for:
- Software download and cable required
- Connecting to a 590C or 590D
- 590+ Install and Extraction procedure
- and the Quicklink below for more 590+ information.
[QuickLink for the 590+ on Parker.com] - Catalog, Engineering Manual, QuickStarts, Product Support, etc