Disconnect everything except the AC power (you can leave the motor power cable) but disconnect the feedback cable. You can leave the connector on the top of the IPA connected. Disconnect any second connection on the ethernet ports.
1. What are the dial switches set to on the front of the IPA?
Please try the default IP address and set the dial switches to 1 for S1 and 0 for S10, for the default IP address of 192.168.100.1
Cycle power on the IPA.
The PC's ip address will need to be changed to 192.168.100.x where x is something other than 1:
If using 0 and 0 for the fixed ip address of 10.10.10.10 (per user manual), this will allow ping but not ACR-View to connect. This IP address is reserved for OS (firmware) downloads. With these settings, middle LED is green and bottom is flashing red is normal.
2. Is the PC connected direct to the IPA or through a switch or network? Try direct from the PC to the IPA to eliminate any networking issues. What version of Windows are you using? ACR-View6 works well with Windows7. Version 6.4.2 works with Windows10.
3. Blocked by firewall (can also block ping). Temporarily disable to the firewall on the PC or add both ACR-View6 (or PMM) and the comACRserver as exceptions to the firewall. Default locations are:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parker\ACR-View 6\ACR-View.exe
C:\ Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Parker Hannifin\ComACRServer
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parker Hannifin\Parker Motion Manager\Parker.PMM.UI.exe
4. Does the link light (green) on the ethernet connector light up when you connect the ethernet cable to the IPA?
Does the yellow light start blinking (indicating network traffic)?
If green is off and yellow on, this would be 10Mbps.
Both yellow and green are for 100Mbps.
There are two ethernet ports on the IPA. Is the second connected to a network?
Disconnect it and cycle power. Move your PC ethernet cable to the second port. Does the second ethernet port work?
5. The IPA auto-detects crossover or straight through Ethernet cables so it doesn't matter what type. However, they're not robust and easy to damage the plastic tangs on them. Try a different ethernet cable; it could be a bad ethernet cable.
6. When the IPA boots up the LEDs cycle. If they do not cycle, this could indicate the unit isn't loading the OS.
The bottom led will be OFF when not connected through ACR-View and ON (green) when connected.
7. What is the firmware version of the IPA? The IPAs ship with the latest version firmware. Version 4.42 or newer is required for Pseries motors. If you've downloaded Pseries motor config to firmware version older than 4.42 and lost IPA communications, contact factory at email@example.com
8. When ACR-View is open, the comACR server opens in the task bar. When you close ACR-View, it should close.
Rarely, If it previously didn't close (such as Windows causing a crash and closing ACR-View abruptly), you can click there and Kill Server or do Ctrl+Alt+Delete and kill it in Windows task manager.
Then if you re-start ACR-View, it'll re-open a new instance of comACRserver.
9. Is this a new unit?
What is the serial number on the unit? If the unit is newer than January 26, 2017, it uses the new bootloader. The serial number is date coded YYMMDDxxxxxx. There was an issue with the previous bootloader. Cycling power would allow communications to run for some period of time before communications would stop. In the error log, this would be reported as a E51 hardware watchdog error.
Contact factory at firstname.lastname@example.org