Drive Firmware Versions (Drive Operating System)
- ZIP files linked below include firmware for both Indexer/Pulse and EtherCAT drives.
- PD-xxC_FW = PD Network - EtherCAT drive = PD-04C, PD-10C and PD-35C
- PD-xxP_FW__V = PS Standard - stp/dir drive = PD-04P, PD-10P and PD-35P (a.k.a Pulse drive and Indexer drive)
Important Notes - READ ME
- For users using the PD-04P or PD-04C at 120vac or lower DC voltages, after loading the firmware, reenable 120vac or lower voltages compatibility with these instructions click here.
- Different firmware may require updates to the FPGA version. After updating, problems will occur if this pertains to your update (where you can connect with Drive Support Tool but "Drive Information" window FPGA version displays 0.??, the 7segment display is blank, drive is inoperable).
- This can occur with older versions of DST. To fix, uninstall DST and install DST version 0.88. Then update drive firmware.
- Drives with firmware 2.08e (and later) have different hardware and cannot be back-rev'd to other firmware. Firmware forward from the release point of 2.08e will have an 'e'.
- If by accident this is done, you should still be able to redownload 2.xxe firmware. Simply reconnect in DST to a powered on drive (even if it's display is blank, with control power + LED lit up). It will potentially display a very odd drive name, but go into the firmware update screen. Then reinstall a 2.xxe firmware. Attempt this at least twice if transmission fails initially.
- 2.09e - SEE ABOVE
- 2.08e - SEE ABOVE
- DO NOT BACKREV 2.xx 'e' HARDWARE to revisions of firmware with out the 'e'. This includes all firmware prior to 2.08e.
- 2.08 - Consult Factory
- 2.08 is no different than 2.07 for P series motors, or Parker North America motor catalog.
DriveSupportTool (PC Software)
Drive Support Tool Installer 64-bit_V088 (RECOMMENDED)
Updating Firmware Instructions
1. Open Drive Support Tool.
2. Connect the PC to the drive using a USB cable (Standard A to Mini B).
3. Choose what type of drive you are using and click "Offline to Online".
4. Click "Firmware Update".
5. Click "Open Firmware Downloader".
6. Click "Load", browse to the firmware file and select it. Then click "Open".
7. Click "Start" and wait for the download to finish.
8. Cycle power on the P Drive. The firmware update is complete.
This will erase all the drive settings. Users will need to re-download the drive configuration or motor file for non-Pseries motors.
13feb2023 JD - Important verbiage updates