This FAQ denotes a method to communicate to the AC10 with a generic RS485 converter.
It is advised to use the 1002-00 cloning/serial converter module for connecting to the AC10 for simplicity's sake, as well as providing an easy method of cloning the AC10. See this FAQ: 1002-00 Module Guide
For the free DSELite software download see this FAQ.
The following AC10 firmware is compatible with DSE Lite. You can not flash the AC10 firmware in the field.
- IP20 Frames 1-5 with firmware 2.00, 2.27, 2.31 or later
- IP20 Frames 6-12 with firmware 3.27 and 3.31 or later
- IP66 All Frames: 4.27 and 4.31 or later
This document will walk you through connecting to DSELite using a generic RS485 converter: 3852a_ DSE LITE Connection - AC10 _ Issue 1.0.pdf
Example photo for a B&B 485BAT3 RS232 - RS485 converter:
Once connected per the above document, this is the install/extraction procedure when using DSELite:
- Open an AC10 template that matches your drive frame, and firmware version (see the above picture).
- The pre-baked template variant does not matter here. When you extract into any template with step 2, it will overwrite the template you have open.
- Command -> Extract Drive Parameters will extract your configuration and parameters into the template, and overwrite it
- You must have an AC10 template open that matches your drive frame, and firmware version
- Command -> Install will install your configuration and parameters into the drive (you will need to implement motor data and run an autotune if in SLV mode).
- Command -> Full install is only used when you are installing into an identical AC10 that the configuration was originally extracted from; as it installs frame dependent information.
- When using DSELite and a parameter is changed while in the On Line Mode (Command -> Online), the parameter will automatically be saved.
- If you want a list of the Modbus Registers do a File / Document and at the end of the document there will be Parameters by Register (Modbus)
[QuickLink for the AC10 on Parker.com] - Manual, QuickStarts, Product Support, etc
15OCT19 - JD update / added procedure