***Note that this procedure does not apply for Link, LinkNet, or Firewire 890 Drives***
[QuickLink for the 890 on Parker.com] - Manual, QuickStarts, Product Support, etc
[QuickLink for the 890PX on Parker.com] - Manual, QuickStarts, Product Support, etc
If you are unsure of what cable and programming that you need to connect to your 890 drive, the following FAQ post will help: What software and cables will you need to connect to your Parker Drive?
Connecting to the AC890 Drive:
- In order to connect to the AC890 drive you will have to install the USB drive for the 890 Drive. Installation instructions can be found under the "HELP" menu, by clicking on the Installing USB drives tab. Follow this procedure before continuing or you will be unable to connect to the drive.
- Once the CM471050 programming cable is plugged into both the AC890 (via the miniUSB port on the control panel of the drive) and the computer, open up DSE Lite.
- You should see a yellow serial port button underneath the “Command” menu. Click on it and select the Com Port that you are connecting through and check that baud rate is set to Auto.
- When you select the Com Port that you are using your scratch pad should display a message similar to the one below.
- You are now successfully connected to the AC890 drive. You can now install a template to the drive, extract the parameters from the drive, or go Online with the drive to monitor/toggle parameters.
**Note the version of the AC890 drive, in this example below it is a version 3.15 drive meaning that it has version 3.15 firmware.
Extracting Parameters from the AC890 Drive:
- Once you are connected to the AC890 drive you need to go to FILE > EXTRACT to extract the parameters from the drive.
- The following message should appear in the scratch pad in DSE Lite when the programming is being extracted from the AC890.
- When the extract is complete you will see a done appear in the scratch pad. The line should now look similar to this.
How to Install Parameters to the AC890 Drive:
- Open the template that you are going to install onto the AC890 drive. Now you have two options for installing, an “Install” and a “Full Install”.
- An “Install” will install all the parameters in the programming EXCEPT the frame dependent parameters.
- A “Full Install” will install all the parameters in the programming INCLUDING the frame dependent parameters.
- You will usually use the “Install” function unless you are cloning a drive (must be an exact drive replacement). If using the "Install" function do not forget to implement your motor data and run an autotune before running the drive.
- Once you have selected the proper function to install the template your scratch pad will populate with a message similar to the one below.
- When it is complete you will see a message similar to the one below.
9DEC19 JD update