This article is intended to provide an overview of replacement VFD drive options for the 650 family. It is advised to treat this as a redesign of the application to ensure all functionalities are met with a replacement product. If you have not selected drives for an application in the past, your local Parker Distributor/Integrator can also assist with choosing a modern product. Contact Parker EMN Customer Service with your zipcode for a nearby representative.
All information on the AC650 series can be found on its "Legacy Product Page" found here: AC650Series
All variants of the 650 drive (including V, G, S) have been obsoleted as of November 9th, 2016. Although similar replacement options are available, none are fully drop-in and reprogramming is required.
- AC650 Family Obsolescence Bulletin
- Note that as time goes on the bulletin is simply serving as a note that they are not available. Migration to modern product is required.
You may have a European AC650 part number (ie: 650-XXYYYYZZ-AAA…). For deciphering a European part number (to assist in crossing over to a modern North American product) please see the below document. It can act as a quick reference for your 650’s power, amperage, and voltage ratings; as well identifying additional options your original 650 may have had.
- AC15: AC Variable Frequency Drives, kW Rated - AC15 Series | Parker NA
- AC20: AC Variable Frequency Drives, kW Rated - AC20 Series | Parker NA
- More often than not, an AC15 or AC20 are suited to retrofit a 650 application.
- The AC30V is capable of robust programming and closed loop vector control of AC induction and PMAC motors as well. If your redesign is also replacing a PLC, the AC30P or AC30D can be fantastic choices.
- If your application used 230Vac, consider the other families instead.
- If you're replacing the system and require 230Vac power, and if you require some nuanced features, then these drives can be considered great solutions.
- Common Supply (CS) + Common Drives (CD) variants if you had multiple drives in a system and would like to common bus them together.
AC10: The AC10 was an option for many years but there is modern product and the AC10 should not be considered 1st for new applications.
AC690+: The 690+ was an option for many years but has been discontinued.
3SEP19 - JD | GLH June 2022 | 28NOV2022 - JD | 28Jun2023 - JD