The 590 series is obsolete. It was a DC drive product originally designed in the 90s and superseded by the first iteration of the 590+ in 1999; full obsolescence of the series concluded in 2007 with the discontinuance of the 590A and 590L. The 590 is not to be confused with the 590+ (plus) drive that is still in production.
Last Time Buy for the 590A and 590L. The final LTB for the series that made it into the digital era. Dated 2007: 590_Last_Buy_013107.pdf
The 590 is no longer supported unless assistance is required to migrate to a 590+. Your local Parker Distributor/Integrator can assist with modern product implementation. Below is [non-proprietary] information that Parker EMN has on these products to act as a database.
“DRV” variants of the following 590 designations are also not available [“955”, “DRV”, etc]. These came with fuses, additional power accessories, contactors, etc.
Regen and Non-Regen variants of the following 590 designations are also not available (591, 592, 593, 594, etc). The 3rd digit at the start of the part number denoted tiered regenerative capabilities in the forward, reverse, or both directions.
These are different variants of the 590 series:
- 590A – “Analog” was an analog variant of the 590
- 590C - “Chassis” was the same as the 590D. USA part numbers for the 590D began with 590C.
- 590D - “Digital” was the 590 drive. USA part numbers for the 590D began with 590C.
- 590DC – “Control Door” part number designation for the 590
- 590H – “High Hp” was a high horsepower drive (Subvariants include ANALOG, DIGITIAL, OR LINK)
- 590L – “LINK” protocol drive. Reprogramming will be required in any product migration scenario.
- 590S – “Stack” was the power stacks behind the control door.
- 590SPD – “Single phase drive” was a single phase input variant.
- 590SP Link – “Single phase LINK” protocol drive. Reprogramming will be required in any product migration scenario.
- 590DRV – DRV designation
- 955 – DRV designation
- 955DRV – DRV designation
- The 590G series is/was a proprietary design based out of Parker China. It is not supported in North America. The templates for the 590G are found in DSELite, but editing or going Online with these templates may prove unfruitful due to them potentially being "locked" when viewing them. Documentation for these drives is unavailable from Parker EM&D division.
Product Code Breakdown
Product code breakdowns can be found in the manuals. For the sake of quick reference, we have the following snippets for many (but not all) of the above variant's product codes:
Some of the part numbers may begin as per one of the above pictures (or one of the manuals) but have many extra sections at it's end. Such as: 590/0350/6/1/0/0/0/1/0400/360/008/400.
- Often, these part numbers are including the motor data at the end of it. This was common for labels with hand-written breakdowns. It would be horsepower, current, voltage values, etc. When sizing a modern 590+ you can look at the original 590D drive's power, mains voltage, auxiliary power and feedback/communications found at the beginning of the code. Special options that may be denoted are to be evaluated for necessity when migrating to a modern product in any event.
Your local Parker Distributor/Integrator can assist with modern drive implementation.
Advisement: Is to upgrade to a 590+ as we no longer support the 590, and it is no longer available. There are many similarities between the 590/590+ families; however, there are differences that prevent it from being “drop-in”. Most often, but not always, the programming inside your 590 can be extracted and then installed into a 590+. You may often size around the original 590 drive's power ratings, check for COMMs or feedbacks, as a solid baseline when selecting a 590+ product.
- Important differences between them: Differences Between the 590 and 590+
- Project and Firmware compatibility: 590/590+ Project and Firmware Compatibility
- 590+ product page for the Catalog, Engineering Manual, QuickStarts, Product Support, etc: 590+ on Parker.com
Spare Parts: Some spare parts are available for the 590 depending on frame size if you know what part you require. Parker Hannifin does not offer spare part replacement procedures for any variants of the 590. Parker Hannifin is not liable for improper installation of spare part replacements done in the field, or if being conducted by an unauthorized repair house.
- Legacy Reference Only -- 590 Spare Parts. This document is to be used for identification of existing parts only. Spare parts offered are likely under current part numbers.
590PX: Although an overall upgrade to a full 590+ is advised, we do still sell a packaged 590+ drive as well under a "590PX" part number. The packaged 590PX has the control door of a 590+ (the brains) and 590D power stack (the brawn) to provide the same form-factor of the original product if space is a limited commodity in your system.Contact Parker EMN to get in touch with a local integrator or distributor to assist with implementation.
Control Door: Although an overall upgrade to a 590+ is advised, in some scenarios just a 590+ control door MAY be used on top of an existing 590D stack. This depends on the original 590D power board revision number. If your revision of a 590D power board is to old, a full upgrade to a 590+ or a 590PX drive is required.
- You can not take a 590+ power board and place a 590D control board onto it.
- This is not advised if you had an original LINK based 590 as the LINK protocol is also no longer supported. A 590+ will not take a LINK configuration without a LINK techbox (obsolete). A no longer supported software (DSD) is required to communicate to a LINK techbox.
- Appnote 4210 to determine if this is possible: 4210 Control Door Retrofit.pdf
Product Manuals and Info
Note: The “590D” product manuals are used for the "590C". The 590C was just a USA ‘Chassis’ part number designation for the 590 drive.
Note: The base 590D manuals are major firmware-revision dependent (2.x 3.x 4.x 9.x). Firmware is based on hardware of the control door.
Note: The 590S is just the stack of a 590 drive. Check the door of the drive for another part number to assist with the type of 590.
- 590 firmware version 2 - is PRE - CE Lite / DSE Lite support. Used UDP function to extract/load parameters using Terminal
- 590 firmware version 3
- 590 firmware version 4
- 590 firmware version 9 – A European release that spare 590 control boards will have. Was/is not supported in North America.
Software information can be found within the respective software environment’s help files. Any of the following software may have been used with your 590 drive.
- CELite – OBX software. No longer supported.
- ConfigEd - OBX software. No longer supported.
- DSD – No longer fully supported. If your system was a LINK system this software is required to view the programming. You must have the project file on hand to view LINK configurations. You can not extract the configuration from a LINK drive or LINK techbox without the original project file on-hand.
- DSELite – Modern (free) software used to communicate to current products, and the 590 if not a LINK variant. Help files can be found when you right click any function block. Only usable with 590 firmware v3.2 or later.
- Software download and cable required to connect to the 590 and 590+
- How to connect to a 590D or a 590C with DSELite
These are some Appnotes from internal servers. They are no longer supported. They are included for the sake of legacy information. Many of them carry over or share programming in the 590+ in some fashion. For 590+ support see it's section in the sidebar.
Much, but not all, of this information can be found in the manuals.
This includes special build options, 2D dimensional drawings, wiring diagrams for default templates, internal parameter connection diagrams for software, calibration steps, quick-starts, etc. They are included here for legacy reference only and are no longer supported.
- Special Build Options
- Feedback Accessories
- 590 External Stack Calibration
- Frame H Misc
- SCR Checking
59xA-aaaaa-b-c-d-ee 59xC-xxxx-x-x-x-x-x-xx-xxx 59x-aaaa-b-c-d-e-f-gg-hhh-iiii 59x-aaaaa-b-c-d-e-f-g-h-iiii-mmm-nnn-ppp-r-ss-tt-uu-vv-www 590DC/00/000 59xHx-aaaaa-b-c-d-e-f-gg-hhh
59xL-aaaaa-b-c-d-e-f-gg-hh 59xS/aaaa/b 59xSPx270Xxx 955Px-4x51 955x-ABCCCC