A 590+ with v8 firmware may throw a "PRE SEQ READY" alarm on the keypad when attempting to enable the drive. The manual recommends to simply replace the power board or chassis.
To attempt to determine a root cause check the following points. If all of the below are functioning as intended, the power board or chassis must be replaced as stated in the help file.
- Missing AC Mains
- Check to make sure you are supplying power to each of the three input phases. The 590+ drive will not run properly on single phase supply. Make sure this voltage is nominal to what the drive expects (above the minimum requirement).
- Check the coding fuses
- The exact location of these fuses are dependent upon the frame size of your drive. They include, but may not be limited to: FS1,FS2,FS3 and FS5,FS6
- Consult the 590+ manual for fuse locations from AC mains into the drive.
- The "PLL STATE" on the "Phase Locked Loop Function" block must be LOCKED
- It may cycle through other states when transitioning to LOCKED. But it should be static at LOCKED when attempting to enable.
- Right click the function block to observe the help file for a breakdown of additional states.
- The AC contactor should be closed.
- See "CONTACTOR CLOSED" on the "Sequencing" function block. This should be TRUE when you enable the drive.
10OCT19 CW JD