Parker Motion Manager (PMM) is the software development environment for creating project configurations and AcroBasic programs for the ACR7000 series controllers and integrated multi-axis drive controllers (servo and stepper) and the Intelligent Parker Amplifier (IPA).
If installing software that uses Microsoft Access Database Engine 2007 such as InteractX, this will cause PMM to stop working. To fix, uninstall PMM and Access Database Engine 2010 and then re-run the PMM installer. This will re-install the database engine and PMM. PMM installer includes Visual C++ redistributable and Access Database Engine and do not need to be manually installed nor downloaded. If already installed on the PC, these steps will be skipped.
Security software may block installation of PMM and the redistributable. Users will need permissions to install software. An example of this is Beyond Trust computer management. Microsoft's User Access Control through company IT policies may also block software installation.
32 Bit vs 64 Bit
Parker Motion Manager uses 32bit Access Database Engine and Visual C++ redistributables. PMM will run on Windows10 64bit.
If PMM fails to install, check the PC's Control Panel for list of installed programs for the Microsoft Access Database engine.
The 32bit version of Access Database Engine is: 14.0.7015.1000
- If the PC already has this version and PMM installer fails, the PC software could be blocking it or how it was installed previously is causing a conflict with where the installer is checking for it. Uninstall the MS Access Database Engine and re-run the PMM installer. This will re-install the MS Access Database engine as part of the PMM installer.
However, Microsoft prevents both the 64bit and 32bit version of the ADE to be installed on the same installation and other programs may already have the 64bit ADE installed. When installing PMM (32bit), the installer would fail and/or may throw these errors:
Users have reported that software such as AutoCAD and MS Office 64bit use the 64bit ADE in question. In that case, and if you experience issues, contact our support group for the 64bit version of Parker Motion Manager at email@example.com
- What was observed was an exchange of priority as the latest installed software overwrote with the distributable it required. The latest installed would often get working-priority due to how the distributables were detected, how they were overwritten, and/or how Windows was blocking the other ADE.
- The 64bit version of PMM should resolve these conflicts if using software that runs 64bit ADE
- ACR7000 Controller http://www.parkermotion.com/products/Controllers__7329__30_32_80_567_29.html
- ACR7000 Stepper http://www.parkermotion.com/products/Stepper_Drive_Controllers__7329__30_32_80_567_29.html
- ACR7000 Servo http://www.parkermotion.com/products/Servo_Drive_Controllers__7329__30_32_80_567_29.html
- IPA Servo http://www.parkermotion.com/products/Servo_Drive_Controllers__7313__30_32_80_567_29.html
update jd 4JAN2023
12/20jh Note about 2007 Access Database Engine added.
8/11 Added notes on system requirements and 32bit vs 64bit.
Keywords: ACR74T ACR74C ACR78C ACR74V ACR76V ACR78V ACR7900
Windows Win7 Windows7 Win10 Windows10 PC