The S, ZETA and ES series stepper motors have been discontinued.
These were all the same step motors and had a 10-foot cable as standard. The ZETA motor came with a ZETA drive connector on the end (screw-terminal), the S motor came with a S drive connector on the end, and the ES step motor had no connector.
All custom products based on the above parts will also be discontinued, for example:
The S, ZETA and ES motors all share the same base stepper motor that has been on the market for more than 25 years. Due to increased manufacturing costs, aging tooling, declining demand and more cost-effective alternatives, the supplier decided to discontinue manufacturing these motors. Contact your local Parker ATC distributor to purchase and for price quotes.
The HV motors are the best choice for replacing the ES/ZETA/S motors, offering higher torque, better lead times and more competitive pricing. Below is a recommended cross-over chart to the closest equivalent HV motor. Rated current of the motor should be reviewed against the available current from the stepper drive. Speed torque curves linked below should be compared to evaluate potential performance differences.
HV Crossover Chart
This chart shows the ES, S, and ZETA motor with shared characteristics along with the recommended HV replacement. See the notes column and associated footnotes that summarize mechanical differences
Notes for selecting HV as replacements
NEMA23 : ES2x, S57-xx, ZETA57-xx models
• HV23x motors have the same face mounting, shaft length and shaft diameter (0.25inch)
• S57-xx, ZETA57-xx models include a rubber boot and 9-pin connector pre-wired for a ZETA drive. ES2x and HV23 motors do not include a connector
1. HV23x-02-10 : Double shaft with a single flat
2. HV23x-01-10 : Single shaft with a single flat
3. HV23x motors are not available with keyways
4. -E or -EC models include a 1000 lines encoder. HV23x motors can be supplied with a similar 1000ppr encoder. Request through a local distributor as a custom product. Please note the HV motors with encoder will have a 10 piece MOQ required per shipment and so in many cases if an encoder is required, converting the system to a servo solution may be the better option.
NEMA34 : ES3X, S83-xx, ZETA83-xx models
• HV34x motors have the same face mounting
To support higher available torque, HV34x motors have 0.5inch shaft diameter compared to 0.375 inch for ES/S/ZETA.
Due to the shaft diameter difference, users should also review requirements for keys and flats. In general, HV34 motors with double flats (01,02) will have the best lead times.
• S83-xx, ZETA83-xx models include a rubber boot and 9-pin connector pre-wired for a ZETA drive. ES3x and HV34 motors do not include a connector
5. HV34x-02-10 : Double shaft with a double flat
6. HV34x-01-10 : Single shaft with a double flat
7. HV34x-04-10 : Double shaft, round
8. HV34x-03-10 : Single shaft, round
9. HV34x motors are not available with keyways
10. -E or -EC models include a 1000 lines encoder. HV34x motors can be supplied with a similar 1000ppr encoder. Request via Extranet Quote system, Custom Electronics
ZETA part numbers that do not include -MO indicate a motor plus ZETA4 drive system. For example, ZETA57-51 includes ZETA4 and ZETA57-51-MO
The ZETA4 drive will continue to be available for the foreseeable future. All system based part numbers will be discontinued. Replacement systems should be ordered as two separate line items. Continuing the example, ZETA4 and HV231-02-10 would be the replacement for ZETA57-51
The programmable single-axis ZETA6104, ZETA6108, OEMZL6104 and OEMZL6108 and SX6 and SX8 are no longer available. If looking for a single-axis drive replacement, users may want to consider the IPA servo drive controller with a servo motor:
Complete List of Discontinued Parts