The S, ZETA and ES series stepper motors have been discontinued.
These were all the same step motors and had a 10-foot cable as standard. The ZETA motor came with a ZETA drive connector on the end (screw-terminal), the S motor came with a S drive connector on the end, and the ES step motor had no connector.
All custom products based on the above parts will also be discontinued, for example:
The S, ZETA and ES motors all share the same base stepper motor that has been on the market for more than 25 years. Due to increased manufacturing costs, aging tooling, declining demand and more cost-effective alternatives, the supplier decided to discontinue manufacturing these motors. As reference, this had been announced October 2018, effective April 2019. Inventory remained after last time buy and different size motors ran out at different times. As of May 17, 2022, only the ZETA83-93-MO is left available. Contact your local Parker ATC distributor to purchase and for price quotes.
The HV motors are the best choice for replacing the ES/ZETA/S motors, offering higher torque, better lead times and more competitive pricing. Below is a recommended cross-over chart to the closest equivalent HV motor. Rated current of the motor should be reviewed against the available current from the stepper drive. Speed torque curves linked below should be compared to evaluate potential performance differences.
HV Crossover Chart
Notes for selecting HV as replacements
NEMA23 : ES2x, S57-xx, ZETA57-xx models
• HV23x motors have the same face mounting, shaft length and shaft diameter (0.25inch)
• S57-xx, ZETA57-xx models include a rubber boot and 9-pin connector pre-wired for a ZETA drive. ES2x and HV23 motors do not include a connector
1. HV23x-02-10 : Double shaft with a single flat
2. HV23x-01-10 : Single shaft with a single flat
3. HV23x motors are not available with keyways
4. -E or -EC models include a 1000 lines encoder. HV23x motors can be supplied with a similar 1000ppr encoder. Request via Extranet Quote system, Custom Electronics
NEMA34 : ES3X, S83-xx, ZETA83-xx models
• HV34x motors have the same face mounting
To support higher available torque, HV34x motors have 0.5inch shaft diameter compared to 0.375 inch for ES/S/ZETA.
Due to the shaft diameter difference, users should also review requirements for keys and flats. In general, HV34 motors with double flats (01,02) will have the best lead times.
• S83-xx, ZETA83-xx models include a rubber boot and 9-pin connector pre-wired for a ZETA drive. ES3x and HV34 motors do not include a connector
5. HV34x-02-10 : Double shaft with a double flat
6. HV34x-01-10 : Single shaft with a double flat
7. HV34x-04-10 : Double shaft, round
8. HV34x-03-10 : Single shaft, round
9. HV34x motors are not available with keyways
10. -E or -EC models include a 1000 lines encoder. HV34x motors can be supplied with a similar 1000ppr encoder. Request via Extranet Quote system, Custom Electronics