Follow Parker Hannifin on social media:
we have several C3 compax S075, exactly model C3 S075 V4 F10 I20 T40 M12. All running ok.
We have bought more devices, same model and we want copy the program from the drives that it's running to new devices for replacement if necessary.
I tried do it, using RS232 interface and C3 servomanager software but i couldn`t do it.
First i connect with one device and i make a UPLOAD of "device configuration" and created a file that i saved.
When i tried "DOWNLOAD" the file in the new device, it was impossible, several errors.
I have any questions:
1) Firmware and controller board it's different, i need it's the same?
2) Can i make this copy with RS232 interface?
3) To "clone" the device, only with "device configuration" it's enough or i need copy other parameters?
Thank you ver much!!!!
1. The Device Configurations are backwards compatible meaning that if you uploaded the Device Configuration from on older firmware drive, it should be able to be downloaded to a newer firmware drive. Note, you will need to use a version of Servo Manager that is equal to or newer than the firmware of the newer Compax3 drive.
2. Yes this can only be done with RS232
3. The T40 option of your Compax3 drives are programmable through Codesys. Along with the device configuration, you will also need to upload the program running in the Compax3. You can do this using Codesys v2.x that can be downloaded Here
You can also find FAQ articles on programming the T40 options Here
What error are you getting when you download the Device Configuration into the newer drive?