Print Friendly and PDF

PSD1M_2 EDS IO Faulted: Invalid Input Size - (Code 16#0128) over EthernetIP

Hi,

I'm trying to connect a PSD1M MultiAxis Servo Drive  (#PSD1MW2220B2200000) to an Allen Bradley PLC (1769-L16ER-B1BB) through Ethernet/IP.

As the drive we have is twin axis, powering 2 servos, we've elected for the PSD1M_2 EDS file.

The EDS provided doesn't seem to work, stating "invalid input size".

In Studio 5000, adding the EDS file requests the data sizes be OUT:23INT IN:19INT.

This therefore requires 46 and 38 bytes in the PSD ServoManager correct?

But the PSD servomanager only goes up to a maximum of 44 bytes

We've tried 4-word APA, and that seems to fill to the 46, but the connection still states "invalid input size".

Does anyone have any advice on configuring the connection for these two devices?

Many Thanks in Advance,

Mike.

Parents
  • Mike,

You are correct.  The PSD1MW2 only supports 44 Bytes of Input Data and 44 Bytes of Output Data.  As I stated in my previous post, Parker has AOIs that you can use for your application.  These are not posted online at this time.  Please reach out to me directly at aturano@parker.com and I can assist you further.

Best Regards,

Aaron Turano

Electromechanical Systems Engineering Manager

Parker Hannifin

Motion Systems Group - Value Added Services Team

• Mike,

You are correct.  The PSD1MW2 only supports 44 Bytes of Input Data and 44 Bytes of Output Data.  As I stated in my previous post, Parker has AOIs that you can use for your application.  These are not posted online at this time.  Please reach out to me directly at aturano@parker.com and I can assist you further.

Best Regards,

Aaron Turano

Electromechanical Systems Engineering Manager

Parker Hannifin

Motion Systems Group - Value Added Services Team

Children
No Data