Print Friendly and PDF

DC Drive 590+ Frame 3

Hello!

DC Drive 590+ Frame 3 max.armature current 270A

I have the potentiometer  for the regulating speed!

Potentiometer connected to B3 +10V and A1 0V And to terminal A4 for the regulating!

Can i use the external +10 volts for the speed regulating?

I want take off the potentiometer and connect external +10 volts from the Scneider PLC Analog card!

I need regulate speed from the PLC

How can i make it better?

Best regards,

Dmitri

Parents
  • Hello Dmitri.  You should be able to connect your analog output card directly to any terminal that previously used a potentiometer.  So, you could connect it directly to terminal A4, which is the Ramp Input.  If your analog output is a differential output, you should connect the positive side to A4 and the negative side to A1.

If you want to regulate speed externally, then you probably want to provide the drive with a torque setpoint.  To do this, connect your PLC's analog output to terminal A3, the Isolated Demand Source.  Also, connect terminal C8 (Current Demand Isolate) to C9.  This will put the drive in current mode, which allows you to directly control torque.  If you want to control torque in both directions, make sure A5 is connected to B4 and A6 is connected to B3.  This will set the torque limit to 200% in both directions.

WARNING: By putting the drive in torque mode, you are taking responsibility for limiting its speed.

Please also consider whether regulating speed at the PLC is really necessary.  The 590+ comes with features that help it regulate speed very well, including support for encoder and AC/DC tachometer inputs.  In most cases, better speed regulation can be achieved more easily by letting the drive take care of it.

• Hello Dmitri.  You should be able to connect your analog output card directly to any terminal that previously used a potentiometer.  So, you could connect it directly to terminal A4, which is the Ramp Input.  If your analog output is a differential output, you should connect the positive side to A4 and the negative side to A1.

If you want to regulate speed externally, then you probably want to provide the drive with a torque setpoint.  To do this, connect your PLC's analog output to terminal A3, the Isolated Demand Source.  Also, connect terminal C8 (Current Demand Isolate) to C9.  This will put the drive in current mode, which allows you to directly control torque.  If you want to control torque in both directions, make sure A5 is connected to B4 and A6 is connected to B3.  This will set the torque limit to 200% in both directions.

WARNING: By putting the drive in torque mode, you are taking responsibility for limiting its speed.

Please also consider whether regulating speed at the PLC is really necessary.  The 590+ comes with features that help it regulate speed very well, including support for encoder and AC/DC tachometer inputs.  In most cases, better speed regulation can be achieved more easily by letting the drive take care of it.

Children