Complete the following steps on the MachineShop Toolbar and MachineShop Shell:
- Right click on the 'Network Neighborhood' icon on the desktop and select 'Properties'. The 'Network' dialog will appear.
- Select the 'Configuration' tab. The list will contain several items. Select the TCP/IP item for the Dial-Up Adapter (TCP/IP -> Dial-Up Adaptor) and click on the 'Properties' button. A message box containing a warning will appear.
The text is as follows:
"You have asked to change TCP/IP properties for a dial-up adapter. In most cases, these properties are unique to the specific network, which you are calling. For this reason, it is better to set TCP/IP properties in each connection icon, which calls a network. Otherwise, properties set for the adapter will override the per-connection settings. Connection icons can be found in the Dial-Up Networking folder under Start Accessories. Right click an icon to see its properties sheet; select Server Type, and then TCP/IP Setting."
Click 'OK' on this message box. The 'TCP/IP Properties' dialog will appear.
- The 'Obtain an IP address automatically' radio button should be selected (default configuration). If the 'Obtain an IP address automatically' radio button is not selected, select this radio button. The IP address, to be used, is configured in the Phonebook entry in Dial-up Networking.
- Open the Dial-Up Networking folder by selecting 'Start Program Accessories Dial-Up Networking'. The 'MachineShop Phonebook Entry' dialog will appear.
- Select the 'Server Types' tab. Click on the 'TCP/IP Settings' button. The 'TCP/IP Settings' dialog will appear.
- The 'IP Address' radio button should be selected and the IP Address should be set to 10.0.0.1 (default configuration).
Using the PowerStation and the MachineShop Shell software, TCP/IP should be configured to exist on the same network as the MachineShop Toolbar. For example, if the IP Address of the MachineShop Toolbar is set to 10.0.0.1 and the Subnet Mask is set to 255.255.255.0; the PowerStation can be configured as follows (default configuration COM1):
- IP Address: 10.0.0.2
- IO Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Interface: Serial
- IRQ: 4
- Port: 3F8h
- Baud: 115200