The Motor Sizing and Selection Software and Xware 5.1 are MS-DOS based software and send print jobs to the LPT1 port on your computer.
If your computer uses a network printer, it will be necessary to "capture" the printer port in the printer's Properties dialog box or use the "NET USE" command to redirect any print jobs to the network printer instead of the LPT port.
Note: SERVERNAME and PRINTERNAME correspond your network server and printer names.
1. In the CONTROL PANEL => PRINTERS dialog box, right-click on desired printer icon and select PROPERTIES.
2. Click on the DETAILS tab.
3. Click on CAPTURE PRINTER PORT button.
4. In DEVICE window select LPT1.
5. Type in network printer name in PATH window. Format should be \\servername\printername
6. Ensure RECONNECT AT LOGON box is checked, if desired.
7. Click on OK button to capture the printer port.
8. Click on OK button to exit Printer Properties window.
Note: [ENTER] denotes pressing the "enter" key on keyboard
1. Select START => PROGRAMS => ACCESSORIES => COMMAND PROMPT
2. At prompt, type NET USE LPT1: \\servername\printername [ENTER]
3. To verify that command was successfully implemented, type NET USE [ENTER]. You should see an entry that corresponds the information that you just entered.
To have this automatically performed every time someone logs in, it will be necessary to create a batch file and place that batch file in the STARTUP menu.
IF YOU ARE UNSURE HOW TO PERFORM THIS, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR IT/IS DEPARTMENT.