A failure will occur if an OS download is started and then is aborted. Two things can happen at this point
1) If the Gemini was put into download mode but no data was sent, the drive will timeout after 30 seconds and return to normal operation. You will know that this is the case if, after a reset, the drive has a single blinking red light and, after 30 seconds or so, the drive resets. Everything should now be OK.
2) If the Gemini was put into download mode and then data was sent, the drive will stay in download mode until it receives a valid Gemini OS. You will know that it is in this case if, after a reset, the drive has a single blinking light that never stops. The following procedure will fix the problem
- Remove power from the Gemini
- Using Motion Planner, start another Gemini OS download using a valid Gemini OS file.
- After Motion Planner starts its attempt to download, apply power to the drive.
- Motion Planner should detect the drive and start sending the new OS.