With the help of the C3 BDM you can only duplicate a C3 configuration from one to another Compax3 if following conditions are valid:
1. The both devices must be the same C3 type (C3SxxxVxFxxIxxTxxMxx=C3SxxxVxFxxIxxTxxMxx;
e.g. notice a C3S025F10I11T11M00 and a C3S063F10I22T11M00 are not the same type).
If you violate this rule you will get error 0xFF47.
2. The hardware version between the both devices mustn't be too different. Compare the C3 Object 25.4 and 25.5 of the two devices, the content must be the same (o25.4=o25.4, o25.5=o25.5). If you violate this rule you will get error 0xFF48.
3. It's not allowed to duplicate the configuration from a Compax3 to a Compax3 with older firmware. If you violate this rule you could get error 0xFF01 or 0xFF02.
4. Take care that the connector of the C3 BDM has a good connection to the X10 connector of the Compax3 and that during the duplicate proceeding the 24V power supply will not be interrupted.
If you violate this rule, after power on the C3 BDM cannot read the necessary text strings from the Compax3, the report "Load Menu" will never be displayed. In this case you have to reset the C3 BDM. For this, connect the C3 BDM with a Compax3, which has within valid text strings. The C3 BDM will automatically load the text strings new.
5. If the display reports "Internal menudata" after power on, then the Compax3 has no valid text strings. Please download with the C3Mgr the BDM Menu Data.
6. If the display reports nothing after power on, then also download with the C3Mgr the BDM Menu Data and repeat power off/on. Plug in or pull out the C3 BDM connector only in switched off state (24VDC switched off).
7. It's important, that the used Compax3 devices are updated with the complete and topical text strings. If not, please download with the C3Mgr the BDM Menu Data.
This is particular important, if you want to duplicate data with the C3 BDM to a Compax3 with firmware V02.03.06. Upwards from this firmware the reference of the text strings to the corresponding object has changed.
8. If you want to duplicate the IEC code from one Compax3 to another Compax3, please note that the C3 BDM can only duplicate the target code, the source code will not be duplicated. If you carry out an upload with the C3Mgr after the duplicate proceeding the C3Mgr will report 'no valid IEC code'.
Please note, because of the limited BDM memory the C3 BDM can duplicate max. 3000 command instructions. IEC code with more than 3000 command instructions can't be duplicated with the C3 BDM.
With some C3 firmware versions the C3 BDM will not work properly:
C3 Firmware Bug
With the HEDA option M10 and M12 the duplicate proceeding could be faulty. The firmware recognizes old HEDA mapping configuration, even though mapping isn't valid. Too many mappings could cause the error 0xFF09.
It could be, that by using the C3 BDM the cycle time will be overlapped (error 0x6281) because the C3 BDM will continue interrupt the Compax3 processor. Particular in a fault state of the Compax3 this will happen.
With these firmware versions some error text strings are missing. If such error is present, the C3 BDM is searching for the error text string, but without success.
Configuration duplicate proceeding from a Compax3 with firmware
V02.00.xx to a Compax3 with firmware
V02.01.xx: This function is not possible. Error 0xFF01 or 0xFF01 will be caused, because in firmware V02.01.xx the C3 object 2110.5 doesn't exist.