- How do I transfer my old Interact application to a newer Interact panel?
- What replaces my old CTC powerstation that is running Interact?
- Replace/Upgrade Interact panel P11/P1H/P15/P2/P3/P4/P5 etc
The PA2 series of Powerstations is the replacement for most of the older series of CTC Powerstations such as PA, P15/P2x/P3x/P4x/P5x/PS10. The PA2 is designed as a drop-in replacement for the PA series with the differences outlined below.
Display: All PA2 models include TFT Displays, where some of the PA (PA05S, PA06S, PA08S) had STN displays. TFT displays utilize active matrix technology and feature transistors on every pixel. Color STN (CSTN) is a passive matrix graphic LCD with a color filter. It only has one transistor per each pixel row and column and features a lower refresh rate than TFTs.
TFT displays offer wider viewing angles, brighter backlights and longer bulb life.
5 inch model: The PA series offered a 5 inch screen size, part number PA05-133. The PA2 family does not include a 5 inch version, however the 6" display PA206-133 fits the same cutout and has the same bezel size.
Cutouts: Cutouts are slightly Different... But ALL PA2s will fit in existing PA mounting with no adjustments. Note that PA2 units are slightly deeper, up to to a maximum of 0.75 inches. PA2 Dimensions PA Dimensions
CPU: PA2 include AMD LX700 clocked at 433 MHz vs 133MHz X86 CPU for the PA. Benchmark testing shows a nearly 5X improvement with PA2 over the PA.
Keyboard/Mouse: PA2 has 2 USB ports vs. PS/2 style connections in the PA
Compact Flash: 512Mb flash cards are standard on the PA2 compared with 256Mb on the PA.
- PA2 units are pre-loaded with (and require) Interact7 runtime.
- ALL optional runtime modules are included with every PA2. With older versions of Powerstations like the PA, runtime modules were selected with additional cost to the hardware.
- PA2s can run projects developed in older versions of Interact, but must first be upgraded using Interact 7 Development software (sold separately). See above for upgrade/transfer instructions.
- Interact 7 Development software Part numbers:
Model # Description MSP-7NA0-P Interact7 Development (new user) IUP-6070-6 Interact Development Upgrade to 7.X from 6.X IUP-6070-5 Interact Development Upgrade to 7.X from 5.X
PA Replaced By PA2 PA05S-133 PA206Q-133 PA06S-133 PA206Q-133 PA08S-133 PA208T-133 PA08T-133 PA208T-133 PA10T-133 PA210T-133 PA15T-133 PA215T-133 PA05S-135 PA206Q-135 PA06S-135 PA206Q-135 PA08S-135 PA208T-135 PA08T-135 PA208T-135 PA10T-135 PA210T-135 PA15T-135 PA215T-135
PA Model Number Configurations