We are able to provide a sample PAC project that demonstrates how to do CAM and Gear functions. Do note that although this project properly demonstrates Camming and gearing on the PAC, it is a demonstration piece and has not been subjected to quality control standards.
Notes about the sample:
- A PAC320 hardware controller isn't necessary to run this. See below for details:
- For PAM1.4:
- Under the "Online" tab at the top of the PAM window, make sure "Simulation" is checked. Whenever you go to login now, PAM will run a simulated device to run your project. Make sure to uncheck this box when you want to connect and login to a physical PAC.
- For PAM1.3 or earlier:
- You can use an application with a CODESYS Control Win V3 device (You must add this). Under Online > Simulation. Then you can after Build (F11), click Online > Login. This will create a virtual PLC and allow you to run PLC simulation (Play or F5).
- For PAM1.4:
- The program (main) is written in Structured Text (ST) and uses a CASE statement to change the variable "state" based on the user triggering the push buttons. The Visualization has buttons set to easily toggle the program.
- This video shows the program running. Note the Trace is downloaded secondarily from the project from the Trace menu: MOBILE USERS CLICK HERE
Select the project that matches your version of Parker Automation Manager:
Related FAQ: Using tappets during cam motion This other FAQ shows turning on outputs based on position of the CAM and is written in Continuous Flow Chart CFC.