- Only the frame 1 & 2 590+'s has an AC input contactor.
- The keypad is detachable on all 590+ drives.
- The 590+ frame 1 & 2 has been repackaged for a smaller footprint.
- The frame 1 590+ has no external field connections for field weakening.
- The thermistor input is isolated on all 590+'s.
- 3-phase and auxiliary voltage connections are located at the bottom of the 590+.
- Digital output capacity has been increased to 100ma.
- Dynamic Brake Contactor, Control transformer are options on the 590+.Note: On frame 1 & 2 the isolated thermistor input is located on the fuse board. On frame 3 and bigger the thermistor input is on the control door.
- If the original 590 was a LINK drive the differences extend to the communication protocol. A redesign of the configuration is needed and a modern protocol selected in this case.
Beyond that the upgrade path to a 590+ is generally straight forward. For configuration compatibility (if the original 590 was not a LINK drive) see this FAQ: 590+ with a 590 template compatibility
[QuickLink for the 590+ on Parker.com] - Manual, QuickStarts, Product Support, etc