- Only the frame 1 & 2 590+'s has an AC input contactor.
- The keypad is detachable on all 590+ drives.
- The 590+ frame 1 & 2 has been repackaged for a smaller footprint.
- The frame 1 590+ has no external field connections for field weakening.
- The thermistor input is isolated on all 590+'s.
- 3-phase and auxiliary voltage connections are located at the bottom of the 590+.
- Digital output capacity has been increased to 100ma.
- Dynamic Brake Contactor, Control transformer are options on the 590+.Note: On frame 1 & 2 the isolated thermistor input is located on the fuse board. On frame 3 and bigger the thermistor input is on the control door.
- If the original 590 was a LINK drive the differences extend to the communication protocol. A redesign of the configuration is needed and a modern protocol selected in this case. This includes, the 590L.
- If your original 590 was a 590SPD, you will need to find a 3ph power supply. We do not offer single phase power options on the 590+.
- We do offer single phase DC drives on Parker.com but they are not programmable (50x, 512C, 514C). They can not take your 590SPD configuration (or any configuration file).
Beyond that the upgrade path to a 590+ is generally straight forward. For configuration compatibility (if the original 590 was not a LINK drive) see this FAQ: 590+ with a 590 template compatibility
[QuickLink for the 590+ on Parker.com] - Manual, QuickStarts, Product Support, etc