The 1002-00 can be used as both a cloning module and serial converter to use with DSELite. To use as a cloning module see this FAQ: Cloning with the 1002-00
This FAQ assumes you have all of the small components that come with the 1002-00 part number for some potential reasons mentioned below. Parts that come with the 1002-00 part number and information on the module are below:
- Parameter F105 is the firmware version. Verify the firmware version of the drive. It is important to know the firmware of the drive you have to determine if you can use DSELite, and to know the project version you are going to use later on. The following AC10 firmware is compatible with DSE Lite:
- IP20 Frames 1-5 with firmware 2.00, 2.27, 2.31 or later
- IP20 Frames 6-12 with firmware 3.27 and 3.31 or later
- IP66 All Frames: 4.27 and 4.31 or later
- If your AC10 has a green serial terminal you may connect the module directly into the drive and used (and the cable can be used to extend it, as shown below, if horizontal space next to the drive is limited). Old models of the IP20 drives, that were less than 22Kw, may not have a green serial port. If this is the case, you will be to use the AC10 module as the other port is only used for external keypad use. You must manually take note of all parameters being used to reprogram your new drive.
- Several parameters in the drive must temporarily be set to default values (and then changed back to application-dependent values after loading them into the new drive).
- The module requires +5V: Because the serial converter will be plugged into a PC during operation, your PC is capable of supplying the +5V signal. With, or without, the AC10 powered via it's own AC mains.
AC10 Port Locations:
Using the tool as a serial converter to DSELite:
e the serial converter will be plugged into a PC during operation, your PC is capable of supplying the +5V signal. With, or without, the AC10 powered via it's own AC mains.