For new applications with the L20 linear step motor, Compumotor recommends using the ZETA4 drive or the ZETA6104 indexer/drive. There are only a few steps that are different when using the linear motor versus a rotary motor.
1. Connect the linear motor to the ZETA.
Red -- A+
Black -- A-
Shield -- GND
White -- B+
Green -- B-
2. Set the current on the ZETA to 2.7 Amps via dip switches.
3. Disable Anti-resonance and Active Damping.
4. Adjust Electronic Viscosity to optimize your performance.
5. Select the resolution and set the scaling factors according to the chart below. The formula to convert steps per revolution to steps per inch is: steps per inch = steps per revolution / 2
|For Linear Resolution of||Set ZETA Drive Resolution to:|