No LINK project is compatible with DSELite or DSE890. DSD is required to view LINK project files -- IF you already have a copy of the project file. DSD is no longer supported.
This includes, but is not limited to, the 620L, 590L, and LINK accessory options implemented into mature 590+/690+/890 drives.
Understand the definitions in nomenclature here. There is a template version and a firmware version to take note of.
- Template/Configuration - The project file that you save to/from the drive
- Firmware - What the drive runs on. The "OS".
DSELite v3.11 and Drive Firmware Compatibility
890 all firmware versions
690+ all firmware versions
AC30 firmware versions 1.6 or later
AC10 firmware versions 2.27, 2.31, 3.27, 3.31, 4.27, and 4.31
650V, G, S all firmware versions [OBX]
620 series firmware version 4.0 or later [OBX]
605 series all firmware versions [OBX]
(DRV Versions of the 590/590+ are no different software-wise in comparison to their respective non-DRV equivalents.)
590+ all firmware versions
590D series, firmware version 3.2 or later. [OBX]
- 590D was the same as the 590C. [OBX]
590SP all firmware versions [OBX]
584SV all firmware versions [OBX]
Project Files and Drive Firmware Compatibility
- AC890 Drive with version 3.XX firmware is only compatible with lower versions of 3.XX templates
- A 3.12 firmware is compatible with 3.7 template, but a 3.7 firmware is not compatible with 3.12 template.
- You should NOT use firmware older than version 3.7 Firmware. (Do not use v1 or v2).
- A major revision of a template is not compatible with other major revisions of firmware. (I.E. v1 template should not be downloaded into v3 and vice versa.)
- AC690 Drive with version 5 firmware is compatible with the following templates:
- 690+ version 1, 2, 3, 4
- AC650V Drive will accept AC650G templates
- AC650G Drive will accept AC650V templates
590+ Drive with version 8 firmware is compatible with the following project files (DRV Part numbers included):
- 590+ versions 5 and 7
- 590 versions 3 and 4
- 590SPD all versions
3SEP19 JD - Update / Clarifications