We offer a sample archive for configuring the PACIO-441-01 analog current input module, and to demonstrate how to properly utilize its functionalities.
Important notes before downloading the sample project:
The Analog Input module needs to be initialized in specific steps. Whether they're wired as active or passive, the sequence doesn't change.
- This archive has a ConfigAnalogVoltage function block. Feel free to use it or modify it.
- The module does requires 24volts to be connected at the bottom L+ and L-. The Power led will indicate if this is missing as well as the internal Undervoltage bit will be true.
- The status in PAM will not be correct if the PAC is in Stop and in the PLC Settings, Update IO while in Stop is not checked.
- The initialization only needs to be run once unless changes are made to the configuration.
- The LED is normally on if the channel has been activated and Green if within range, red if not. The leds are next to pin (0, 4, 7, etc). The other leds are not used.
- For checking if the analog input is open, this is only valid with the 4-20mA range (Channelx_0_20mA) is FALSE
- Then the Specific_Error will turn on saying that you've an overcurrent or open on one of the channels.
- Below archive has it set to TRUE (0-20mA) range, but if you want to test for an open, set that to FALSE for 4-20mA.
Select the project that matches your version of Parker Automation Manager: