Required: AC30 V, P, or D with firmware 1.15.1 or higher, PAM 1.4 and PDD 3.6.26 or later
PAM1.4 installs with PDD version 3.6.26 by default. Using PDD within PAM unlocks additional PLC functionality on your AC30. By updating PDD this primarily updates the latest DCP packages. If you are not updating PDD, the bottom section of this FAQ can assist with setup of an AC30 project within PDD.
Using PDD within PAM is different than implementing an AC30 into a Parker Automation Controller's (PAC) project, which many may already be familiar with. To do that, you must implement the AC30 as a standalone device under the PAC, and under it's respective communication protocol (EtherCAT, Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, etc). That is not covered within this FAQ.
*If you need to update the Firmware on your AC30 you will need to do so via the SD card. Do so before continuing.
You can download PAM here: http://www.parkermotion.com/products/Controllers__7311__30_32_80_567_29.html
PDD .package file for use with PAM: PDD_V126.96.36.199.zip
- Note: PDD downloads from our European Division's website are currently designed to be installed directly into Codesys 3.5.6.x forward. For updating the packages that come within PAM, you need to use a .package file (from the above link).
Click each photo to enhance clarity.
- Download the latest .package file from the above link.
- Open PAM and select "Tools" and then "Package Manager...":
- Select "Install..." then navigate to the location of the .package file from Step 1:
- You will be presented with several install agreements - Continue through them.
- It's recommended to use the "Typical" install unless you are sure you need the "Complete" package.
- PDD v188.8.131.52 will now be installed within PAM:
- If you check "Display Versions" in the bottom left corner you will be able to see all versions of PDD that have been installed in PAM:
Using PAM1.4 to Connect and Program the AC30
- After opening PAM 1.4 select “New Project…”
- On the left side of the window, you will see the “Categories” Panel
- Expand the folder of the AC30 type you are trying to connect to:
- If the model/catalog number starts with 31V expand AC30V
- If the model/catalog number starts with 31D or 31P expand AC30DP
- Then expand the folder with the firmware that matches the firmware that is your drive. If the firmware on the drive does not match firmware of the selected template the AC30 drive, you will be prompted with a warning and it will not connect properly.
- Within each Firmware folder there will be several application folders
- We recommend the “Default” folder and the “Default” template for starter applications and getting familiar with the drive.
- A description of each subsequent template within the additional folders can be found on the selection screen with a single-click (see above snippet). Each firmware folder has:
- Basic Folder
- Default Folder
- [Starter folders pertinent to the control type]
- Once you have your template selected, double click on the AC30 device located in the device tree panel. If your AC30’s Ethernet communications is configured properly. Your screen should look like the picture below.
- If you do not see a box with the name of your AC30; navigate to the Ethernet communication settings on the AC30 by pressing the ‘Ok’ Key on the keypad. Navigate through SETUP -> COMMUNICATIONS -> BASE ETHERNET. The exact menu breakdown may be slightly different for each firmware version. Once there, make sure the following are parameters are set to the following:
- DHCP = FALSE
- Auto IP = FALSE
- User IP Address = 192.168.10.70 (This can be set however the user chooses if DHCP and AUTO IP are false)
- User Subnet Mask = 255.255.0.0 (This can be set however the user chooses if DHCP and AUTO IP are false)
- User Gateway Address = 0.0.0
- Web Access = Partial or Full
- ***Make sure that your computer’s IP address is also properly set***
- Once your Ethernet Communications has been set up you can click on the “Find my Drive” button and the AC30 you are trying to connect too should appear in a box, as below. Select that box and the outline will turn green. If not, repeat step 7.
- Next Click on the “LOGIN” button on the top of the windows
- At this point a window denoting a Hardware Mismatch might pop up. Select the proper frequency of the supply voltage going into the drive and make sure that the “Auto-Correct to match Hardware” is checked before clicking ok. If you do not see this, continue on to the next step.
- A popup with the Login Manager is going to appear. You have several options:
- To simply login and monitor the drive, uncheck both “Download Drive Application” and “Write Archive Automatically” before continuing.
- To download your current project check that you have at least “Download Drive Application" to download your current project from PAM1.4 to the AC30
- If given the option, “Write Archive Automatically” will also download the archive file associated with the current open project to the AC30
- The “View/Manage Changes” checkbox (when checked) will show you the differences in the parameters between the application in PAM and the application that is currently on the drive. You can use the buttons to determine how to write these parameter differences:
- Drive+ will use the DRIVE values and write them to the Project file
- Drive will use the DRIVE values but WILL NOT write them to the Project file
- Project will write the values from the PROJECT to the drive
- Default will write the default values to both the drive and the
12. Once “Login” is pressed you will now be online with it. The application may be download once you click this, depending on your selections above.
Monitoring/Writing Parameters Once Online
- All parameters can be monitored while online with the Drive via the PARAMETERS tab found in the top left corner of the AC30 Device screen. Here you can monitor all the parameters in the drive and make online changes to parameters by changing the value and pressing “Write to Drive”.
- This may bring up a pop-up depending on the parameter that will indicate whether the application will need to be paused to write the parameter or not.
1Aug19 - JD