Before downloading and installing PAM 184.108.40.2067 be sure that all desired 1.3.0 projects are saved as “.projectarchive.” Saving projects this way ensures that all 1.3.0 device description files and libraries are included with the project. Failing to import as a “.projectarchive” may cause library and device description conflicts. It is not recommended to open 1.3.0 projects in PAM 220.127.116.117 from “.project” files.
- Within PAM 1.3.0 go to “File” -> “Project Archive” -> “Save/Send Archive…”
- A new “Project Archive” menu screen will open. Make sure all boxes (except for Options) are selected when creating a .projectarchive. Options simply saves the current users settings—such as layout and other programming preferences, such as starting screen behavior, what POUs and tabs are currently open during saving, and SmartCoding. General rule of thumb, options is usually left out. Then select “Save…”
- You will then be given the option of giving the .projectarchive a name and location to save it in.
- Once you have saved all the PAM 1.3.0 projects desired, uninstall PAM 1.3.0.
- Restart your computer.
- Install PAM 18.104.22.1687.
- Restart your computer.
- Open PAM 22.214.171.1247
- Go to “File” -> “Project Archive” –> “Extract Archive…”
- Go to the directory where you have saved your 1.3.0 “.projectarchive” files
- A new window will open asking what components you’d like to extract. Extract them all (perhaps except for Options, see note in step 2.)
- A few prompts may ask you about overwriting previous files. Read these carefully and answer as needed.
- Once opened, a new Project Environment window will open asking if you’d like to upgrade to the latest libraries, compiler, devices, visualization, and SoftMotion versions. Table 1 describes the various versions associated with PAM 1.3.0 versus PAM 126.96.36.1997. Note: By default PAM 188.8.131.527 does not update to the latest.
- Although unnecessary, you can go through the tabs to double-check that the action is set to “Do not update”. When satisfied, select OK to exit the window.
Note, you must either “update all” to PAM 184.108.40.2067 or ensure that you do not update any. Picking and choosing between versions may cause incompatibility issues.
- You’re now ready to edit and modify the program the same way you did in PAM 1.3.0.
- Note: Without updating you can only download this project to PACs running 1.3.0 firmware even though you are using PAM 220.127.116.117 to program and edit.