***Note that this procedure does not apply for Link or LinkNet 690+ Drives***
[QuickLink for the 690+ on Parker.com] - Manual, QuickStarts, Product Support, etc
If you are unsure of what cable and programming that you need to connect to your 690+ drive, the following FAQ post will help: What software and cables will you need to connect to your Parker Drive?
Connecting to the 690+ Drive:
- Once the CM351909 programming cable is plugged into both the 690+ (via the same port as the keypad) and the computer, open up DSE Lite.
- You should see a yellow serial port button underneath the “Command” menu. Click on it and select the Com Port that you are connecting through and check that baud rate is set to Auto.
- When you select the Com Port that you are using and the baud rate is set to AUTO, your scratch pad should display a message similar to the one below.
- You are now successfully connected to the 690+ drive. You can now install a template to the drive, extract the parameters from the drive, or go Online with the drive to monitor/toggle parameters.
**Note the version of the 690+ drive, in this instance it is a version 5.8 drive meaning that it has version 5.8 firmware.
Extracting Parameters from the 690+ Drive:
- Once you are connected to the 690+ drive you must open a template of the same firmware on the drive.
- Once you are connected to the 690+ drive you need to go to COMMAND > EXTRACT DRIVE PARAMETERS to extract the parameters from the drive.
- The following message should appear in the scratch pad in DSE Lite when the programming is being extracted from the 690+
- When the extract is complete you will see a done appear in the scratch pad. The line should now look similar to this.
How to Install Parameters to the 690+ Drive:
- Open the project or default template that you are going to install onto the 690+ drive. Now you have two options for installing, an “Install” and a “Full Install”.
- An “Install” will install all the parameters in the programming EXCEPT the frame dependent parameters.
- A “Full Install” will install all the parameters in the programming INCLUDING the frame dependent parameters.
- You will usually use the “Install” function unless you are cloning a drive (must be an exact drive replacement). If using the "Install" function do not forget to implement your motor data and run an autotune before running the drive.
- Once you have selected the proper function to install the template your scratch pad will populate with a message similar to the one below.
- When it is complete, you will see a message similar to the one below.
9DEC19 JD update