When using the PDQ software, and in the menu Set Up a New Drive, if you select Find and the AC30 drive does not appear in the menu this FAQ will describe various solutions.
- Using PDQ go to the Drive Maintenance Menu. Click the Scan button. Does the drive appear as shown below?
- If it does appear this means that the drive is properly connected via the Ethernet cable and that communications has been established with the drive
- Make sure the Subnet mask on the PC is set to 255.255.255.x -- and that the PC's IP address matches accordingly for each "255" octet.
- As a test in the drive set the DHCP & AUTO IP to False. Then click the Scan button. Does it appear in PDQ now?
- Go to the Set Up a New Drive menu and select the Find button. Click on the Manage Gateways. Click on the Delete button. Then press the Find button. Does the drive appear now? If not proceed to the next step.
- On the PC click on the Windows Icon in the lower right hand corner and search for MSCONFIG
- Click on the Services tab and make sure the Codesys Gateway "Status" is Running. If it is not Running, then enable it. It has to be Running.
- If PDQ still does not find the drive:
- Go to the Control Panel / Program and Features.
- Remove all versions of the PDQ program from the pc.
- Go to the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Parker Hannifin Manufacturing Ltd\PDQ and delete the PDQ folder.
- Reboot the PC.
- Reinstall PDQ
[QuickLink for the AC30 on Parker.com] - Manual, QuickStarts, Product Support, etc