The full breakdown of parameters can be found in the AC30 software reference manual in Appendix B, this FAQ should act as a primer to familiarize yourself with the sequencing state of the AC30 as you follow the software reference.
The AC30 control word can originate from three different sources.
The current value of the control word is always located at parameter 0644 Control Word - This specific parameter is never writable to directly, only readable. Instead, depending on the control mode you have selected that control word's value will come from one of three sources.
- 0610 App Control Word - Readable/Writable
- 0627 Comms Control Word - Readable/Writable
Three Control Modes:
- The Control Word will be written to from the 0627 Comms Control Word
- Normally written to over a field bus (Ethernet/IP, built-in Modbus TCP, etc)
- The Not Quickstop, Enable Voltage, and Switch On bits are AND-ed with 0610 App Control Word.
- The External Fault is OR-ed with the 0610 App Control Word
- The Control Word will be written to from the 0610 App Control Word directly.
- This will normally be written to by the loaded application (the programming) which is normally taken from routing the Digital Input terminals in the program.
- The Control Word will be written to from the Graphical Keypad (Start, Run, Jog, Direction, Reference Source, Stop, etc)
- The Not Quickstop, Enable Voltage, External Fault, and Swtich On bits will be taken from the 0610 App Control Word
Control Word Sequencing:
As a general note, full commands can be sent all at once to the control word. As in a full CC7F "Run" Command can be sent and the drive will properly sequence through sub-states properly, from Drive On to Enable to Running.
The status word is located at parameter 0661 Status Word - This parameter is never writable to, only readable. It's value is dependent upon the current state of the drive. You can not manipulate the source of this parameter.