If you see every light on the dri'ves keypad flashing at once (the "MMI" or "HMI") it is because it is in "Configure Enable" mode. This is not if just one individual LED is flashing (EX: If the Green RUN LED is flashing it could mean you are attempting to run with a zero setpoint).
Configure Enable Mode is for when you're configuring the drive and need to adjust parameters under the "Configure Drive" submenu. These specific parameters are not changeable without first setting "Configure Enable" to ENABLED.
To see a breakdown of the keypad menu you need to know what version of firmware you have to then use the respective manual; as the manual itself, the keypad map, and available parameters are all firmware dependent. Please see this [QuickLink for the 590+ on Parker.com] for Manuals, QuickStarts, Product Support, etc.
The below is for v8 firmware. v7 firmware was discontinued in 2007, but it's menu breakdown can be found in the v7 manual (found at the quicklink just above):
- To enter Configure Enable Mode:
- Navigate to the "Configure Drive' submenu and set "Configure Enable" to ENABLED. All LEDs will begin to flash, this is normal.
- To exit Configure Enable Mode:
- Navigate to the "Configure Drive" Submenu and set the "Configure Enable" back to DISABLED.
- If your drive enters Configure Enable Mode automatically after a power cycle:
- When power is cycled the drive reverts to the state when the last Parameter Save (or template download) was conducted. So if someone left Configure Enable as ENABLED when the last save was conducted then all LEDs would be flashing every power cycle.
- To potentially fix that: set "Configure Enable" to DISABLED after making any changes you needed to do. Then navigate to the "Parameter Save" menu and "Up [arrow] to Action" on v8 firmware to save your drive configuration.