How can I use PIO with the Compax3?
PIO modules can be used with I21T30 or I21T40. This setup requires some hardware and software configuration.
1. For setup of PIO module please see FAQ "How do I set up Parker I/O (PIO)." Set Compax3 address with dipswitches, this address must not be the same as the PIO modules.
2. Using the C3Servomanager "Communications" folder, select CANopen.
3. Change operating mode to "Master for PIO."
4. Select appropriate response to fieldbus failure. Hint! if you don't know which you want, select "No response."
5. Select appropriate baud rate(See step 1.)
6. Select PIO for mapping. Options range from 1- 4 words of information. Each word allows 16 bits information. If using less then 16 inputs or outputs, the unused upper range will be ignored.
7. Download configuration.
SOFTWARE IEC CODE:
8. Please see this example: