The easiest and recommended way to download a new 6K operating system is to use Motion Planner or the ComServer RS232 functions. But, if your computer is not running on a Windows operating system, these options are not available to you. You can follow these steps to insure a successful download of your ops file:
1. The ops download is performed using an xmodem protocol. Xmodem is widely available and supported by most communications/terminal programs, such as HyperTerminal and ProComm.
2. Copy the ops file from the CD-ROM or the web site.
3. Prepare the comm program for xmodem download.
4. Connect to the 6K RS232 port with a terminal window.
5. In the terminal window, type
6. The prompt should change from > to : You are now in flash mode, and all commands should be entered in lower case.
8. The 6K should respond with a stream of C's for about 1 minute, telling you that it is ready for an xmodem transfer.
9. Find your file and send it. If the transfer doesn't start in time, you'll get back to the : prompt and you can type "reset " to get back to the original > prompt and you can start again.
10. At the end of the download, type "reset " and cycle power to the 6K. You should be ready to go with the new operating system.
Please contact the Applications Dept. if you have any questions.