What is the procedure of purging air from this system. manual states no instructions on how to do so
I noticed that the service pages refer to a purging procedure, but don't specify what that purging procedure is.
Here is the procedure for the HP2 Tandem pump that seems to work for most.
1. Fill the HP2 pump with an approved hydraulic fluid (HT-1000 or similar approved fluid) to the normal cold level as indicated on the expansion tank.
2. Jack up the back tires just off the floor 3 inches (please be safe during this operation)
3. Start the machine engine and slowing increase the engine speed to a mid-throttle position.
4. Slowly rotate the rear tires forward then back to natural then reverse until both tires are rotating at the same speed. Stop engine remove jack stands and proceed to item number 5.
5. Drive the machine for 2-3 mins in forward and reverse to purge air out of the system. (you can also raise the back end of the vehicle off the ground and place on jack stands, then move sticks through full forward and full reverse)
6. Shut the engine off and re-check the fluid.
7. Add fluid as necessary to the appropriate level
8. Pump is ready for use.
Ok thanks. I'm having power loss on the right hand side wheel motor after 30min or so of run tim . The wheel motor is brand new. The left hand side works flawlessly. is it possible the front pump could be going back while the rear pump works fine? (With it being a tandem pump) After cool down everything works fine for 30min. Where can I get parts to rebuild the front pump? Thanks a million for your response
It certainly seems possible that one of the pumps could have a problem while the other is fine. I don't have a lot of troubleshooting experience with this pump, but I know there are two different piston/barrel assemblies in the HP2.
I believe the link below will take you to a web page for "How to buy" for the Pump/Motor Division. Just input your zip code. It will direct you to the nearest Parker distributor for your product.