Print Friendly and PDF

Upgrade from PTO 271 series

Hi 

I have an old pto 271MDAJP-B5XK and I want to upgrade it, someone told me that I can use the 272 series but I don't know exactly the model and specifications so, if someone can explain to me how to select the proper model or just give a direct replacement I would be very grateful.

Thanks to all.

Parents
  • Thanks for the question.

When we launched the 272 Series PTO in 2016, we developed a crossover document for 271 to 272 (HY25-0192-B1, https://www.parker.com/Literature/Chelsea%20Products%20Division/Sales%20Literature%20PDFs%20-%20Chelsea%20SA/HY25-0192-B1_US.pdf). 

So your crossover part number would be 272MCAJP-G5XK. Mounting, input gear, lube option, arrangement, and output codes are all common between the two series. The differences come in the ratio (ie speed) and shift codes. To have a similar ratio speed, select the 272 “C” ratio. To have a similar shift option (12V Elec/Hydraulic), select the 272 “B” shift option but realize we integrated the shifter. 

Please Note: Be sure to verify 272 options and speed in our application catalog (found at the parker.com/chelsea homepage) based on the specific application (transmission model and/or chassis) of your truck. Also confirm this recommendation with your local Chelsea distributor.

• Thanks for the question.

When we launched the 272 Series PTO in 2016, we developed a crossover document for 271 to 272 (HY25-0192-B1, https://www.parker.com/Literature/Chelsea%20Products%20Division/Sales%20Literature%20PDFs%20-%20Chelsea%20SA/HY25-0192-B1_US.pdf). 

So your crossover part number would be 272MCAJP-G5XK. Mounting, input gear, lube option, arrangement, and output codes are all common between the two series. The differences come in the ratio (ie speed) and shift codes. To have a similar ratio speed, select the 272 “C” ratio. To have a similar shift option (12V Elec/Hydraulic), select the 272 “B” shift option but realize we integrated the shifter. 

Please Note: Be sure to verify 272 options and speed in our application catalog (found at the parker.com/chelsea homepage) based on the specific application (transmission model and/or chassis) of your truck. Also confirm this recommendation with your local Chelsea distributor.

Children