Print Friendly and PDF

BVMM

I have a question about  the 3 ways, manual ball valves  BVMM083SS1NA, What happens if we put pressure on port 2, port 1 to the cylinder and port 3 to the tank?
can this work?

Parents
  • First, I would like to preface my answer by saying that I would need to know your complete machine schematic to help you with your question about whether this will work or not.  For instance, does your system have a safety relief, are the components sized and selected properly for the flow function you require, etc.  I can help you with the way the BVMM**3***** works.

I believe the symbol for the valve part number you listed above is this:

Single acting cylinder on port 1,

Pressure on port 2,

Tank on port 3,

That would be the proper way to connect this valve to actuate a single acting cylinder.  Note that you could also swap the pressure and the tank ports, but the single acting cylinder would have to be plumbed to port 1.

• First, I would like to preface my answer by saying that I would need to know your complete machine schematic to help you with your question about whether this will work or not.  For instance, does your system have a safety relief, are the components sized and selected properly for the flow function you require, etc.  I can help you with the way the BVMM**3***** works.

I believe the symbol for the valve part number you listed above is this:

Single acting cylinder on port 1,

Pressure on port 2,

Tank on port 3,

That would be the proper way to connect this valve to actuate a single acting cylinder.  Note that you could also swap the pressure and the tank ports, but the single acting cylinder would have to be plumbed to port 1.

Children
No Data